Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Baby Food: Zucchinis!

Well it has been almost a month since Alex first started eating zucchini, I just haven't had time to post about it! One day I realized I needed to finish up some zucchini before it got to old, so I decided to let Alex eat some too. I went to my trusty guide to baby food found here, which is where I got the idea in the first place. It is, as making any baby food is, really quite easy.

I used about 3 zucchinis. Chop off the stem, cut in half and then cut each half into long, thin pieces.
Cover with some water and then let boil until they are really soft.
Transfer to the mini food processor with about a 1/4 cup of water. puree until there are no chunky pieces.
Put in trays and freeze!
i think he liked it!
The zucchini puree is really watery. I usually mix one cube of zucchini with one of carrots or sweet potato to give it a little more thickness.



2 comments:

  1. This is something I have been planning to do with zucchini we were given! Yesterday I ordered trays like you have and they should be here tomorrow so I can freeze the food too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh great! I love those trays, even though you could use regular ice trays, the tops make them so convenient!

    ReplyDelete