Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Recipe #68: Monkey Bread

This has been a long time favorite. I used to make it in college all the time when there were lots of people to eat it up, so I wouldn't eat too much! Tonight I made it for our community group dinner. But after my day today,  I would have enjoyed eating a lot more of it!

You need:
4 or 5 tubes of buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar

  • combine sugar and cinnamon, i actually doubled that to make sure there would be PLENTY!
  • Take each biscuit, roll into a ball and then roll in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
  • Arrange in a greased fluted tube pan (I use an angel food cake pan...is that the same thing? :) )
  • Sprinkle top with more cinnamon and sugar
  • Melt butter in a sauce pan and add brown sugar and then pour over top of biscuits.
  • Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. I often pull up the top of one or two to make sure it is done underneath too.
  • Cool for 5 minutes before putting on serving platter.

No comments:

Post a Comment