Thursday, August 11, 2011

Recipe #60: Corn and Edamame Salad

We had yakisoba tonight, which I have already made before (you can find the recipe here), but some good things need to be eaten more than once in a year! :) So while my yakisoba was cooking up in the big pan, I had my corn salad going in a smaller one. I got the idea from a Parents magazine and then morphed it into what I wanted!

You need:
1/4 of an onion (you can use more, but Will doesn't like onions so I tried not to put to much in)
2 cups corn (or more, I just poured some in! )
1/2 of a sweet red pepper
1 cup shelled edamame, steamed. (Sam's has the best little frozen bags of edamame and I used a whole one of those)
oregano and sea salt to taste


  • dice the onion and the red pepper up
  • brown onion on stove with a little olive oil
  • Add the corn and stir
  • add the red pepper, stir all three until they are well cooked. 
  • Sprinkle some oregano in
  •  Add steamed edamame
  • Make sure it is well mixed together



No comments:

Post a Comment