Friday, August 12, 2011

Recipe #62: Asian Cole Slaw

There will always be some kind of cabbage recipe after I make yakisoba because I don't want to waste the rest of the bag of cole slaw mix.

You need:
1/2 bag of cole slaw mix
cucumber, cut into long strips
sweet red pepper, diced
1 package ramen
1/4 cup butter

dressing:
1 cup veggie oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar (I used apple cider and it tasted fine)
1/4 cup soy sauce

  • crush up the ramen in the packet and then brown in a fry pan with the butter. you don't need the seasoning packet that came with it.
  • once finished, pour onto a plate lined with a paper towel to blot the ramen.
  • mix cole slaw, veggies and ramen in a bowl
  • in a separate container (preferably something with a lid, I used an old jar) mix the dressing ingredients. close up the container and shake well to mix everything up. 
  • Pour some (maybe 1/3-1/2 of the dressing) over the cole slaw and stir together. 
The dressing is AMAZING! put it in the fridge to use later, I will use it for another salad recipe soon. 

I will admit, I had thirds...between the sweetness of the dressing and the crunchy ramen. It is delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment