Saturday, August 27, 2011

More adventures in baby food!

Wow, Alex's food tastes continue to grow!
Here are some things we have been trying:

Nice finger foods like fruit.

The pieces definitely are getting bigger so Alex can grasp it better.

chunks of banana...
 until he decides it would be fun to mush in his fingers or throw on the floor

My sweet potato fries were also a hit with Alex. He thought he was big stuff eating it with me!

Also cheerios. The boy could eat those all day!

As far as baby food I have tried a couple new things with him...

  • pumpkin...easiest thing ever. open a can of pumpkin puree and serve! I froze most of the can so that I could take out the portions I wanted later
  • potato. Heat up about 4-5 potatoes ( i used red) in the microwave for about 8 minutes. Peel off skin and then mash up. Freeze what you don't use. 
I mixed both of these with foods he had already tried, he's ate it up!
  • squash (yellow): Today i took some leftover grilled summer squash. added about an 1/8 cup of water and pureed it up. Alex love it. He wanted to lick out the bowl! :)

I need to get one of those baby food grinders so we can be ready for when he starts eating more meat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment