Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Recipe #64: Egg Salad Sandwhich


So, life has suddenly gotten really crazy (goodbye summer vacation!), and while I have been cooking, there are just not enough hours to write it all down! So these entries will probably be short and to the point!
Last Saturday, for lunch I let Will have the leftover chicken biscuits found here, and I decided to use up some of our huge amount of eggs to make an egg salad sandwich. Will hates it, but they had such good egg salad sandwiches in Japan that I just loved it! Anyways, there is really nothing special about it, plain and simple, which is probably why it tastes good! Also my mayo of choice is kewpie mayo from japan, but I unfortunately did not have any on hand! :(

You need:
5 eggs, boiled
2 Tbsp mayo, give or take depending on how much you like. me not a lot.

Boil your eggs.

So does anyone else have trouble with the eggs cracking when they start moving against the pan? I have tried putting them in after the water is boiling and , using different pans etc...finally this idea came to me--i used my silicone steamer! It worked great!
*update: I also learned that putting eggs in right after water is boiled and then sitting with no heat for 12 minutes is a good way too! :)

After your eggs are boiled. (I started them in the water so the whole time took about 12 minutes) run them under cold water so they peel easily.
Peel two eggs, cut up into small pieces
add mayo, mix up.
put on bread. I toasted mine and added a little cheddar cheese

The next day I cracked and peeled the other three which lasted two more meals...why not boil extra eggs to save some for later!

No comments:

Post a Comment