Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Recipe #66: Curry Rice

Curry Rice is an all time favorite Japanese food. There is something so satisfying about the thick sauce and chunky vegetables. I literally could eat it every day of the week. Unfortunately, Will gets a little tired of that as leftovers for the week, so I end up needing to cook again.
I normally just make it on a pot on the stove, but I was using pot roast meat because that was what was in my freezer so I wanted to make sure the meat didn't get too tough.

You need:
1-2 boxes of curry rue. It looks like this. You can even find it at Walmart now.

Carrots, I used a bag of baby carrots
7-8 potatoes, cut into pieces
half an onion
beef or chicken cut into small pieces

  • Put all of the cut up veggies and meat into the crock pot.
  • Add enough water to cover the top of the veggies, etc.
  • put curry rue on top, mix up
  • cover and heat on high for about 3 hours. Half way through I added another half a box of the curry because I like it thick.

Always hits the spot! Curry rice is the one dish that the Japanese always serve with a spoon! It improves with age too! :) I separated the rest into two tupperware--one for now, one to freeze so that Will won't have to eat this for the next two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, that is a great idea to make it like that in the crock pot.

    ReplyDelete