Friday, August 12, 2011

Recipe #63: Chocolate Croissants

A long time ago I had made some croissants and put chocolate chips in the middle. They melted okay, but didn't really spread through the croissant very well. This summer, my sisters made some with nutella and they were very delicious. I didn't have any nutella on hand but my mom had passed along some Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Dreams, which is peanut butter mixed with dark chocolate (yes, i think we will have good dreams!). So I put that in the croissant instead!

You need:
1 tube of croissants
nutella, dark chocolate dreams or other chocolate filling of your choice


  • unroll the croissants
  • spread some dark chocolate dreams in the center of your croissant 
Like so

  • Roll back up and bake according to package directions, about 10 minutes
  • Eat them up!

I think with the peanut butter it made the chocolate insides a little drier, if you want gooey chocolate I would recommend the nutella. Either way it is delicious!


1 comment: