Saturday, August 27, 2011

Recipe #78: Potato soup with #79 croutons

I had a huge bag of potatoes and wanted to do something different...so found a recipe for potato soup! I thought it would be fun to add some toppings so in a way it was like a baked potato! I pretty much followed the recipe I found here.

You need:
6-8 potatoes, I used red potatoes
2 cans evaporated milk
4 Tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
toppings: bacon, cheese, croutons*. i thought broccoli would have been good too but I didn't have any

  • peel and cut the potatoes
  • cover with water (just barely) and boil until tender
  • turn heat down and add butter and evaporated milk
  • Mash potatoes with a potato masher
  • add salt and pepper
honestly, i would have liked it a little thicker, next time i will probably add one can of milk and then mash potatoes and see how I like it, and then add as necessary.

But with toppings it was great!

*croutons:( i followed a recipe found here and then added my own seasoning)
you need:
stale bread
1/4 cup butter, melted
garlic powder
parsley
parmesan
  • cut crust off of bread. baste with butter and then cut into smaller pieces
  • spread out on a cookie sheet
  • sprinkle garlic powder, parsley and parmesan on top
  • bake at 350 for 15 minutes
a perfect fall meal...(can you tell I am excited for fall to get here!)



No comments:

Post a Comment