Monday, August 29, 2011

Recipe #81: Calzones

Sunday night I made a calzone that Will and I split. I was in the mood for pizza and it was perfect! For the crust we used some bread dough that I had made a day or two before. I made a Hawaiian Calzone because that is one of the only pizzas that Will and I both like! :)

You need:
pizza dough (or bread dough)
tomato sauce
mozzarella cheese
bacon
crushed pineapple
(can you tell I never measure anything?! just add to your liking or depending on how much crust you have.)
olive oil, parsley, and parmesan for the top of the crust.

  • Take the dough and roll it into a flat circle. I was using my bread dough so let it sit for about 40 minutes first. This dough rolled out so much easier then the dough i used for pizza before!
  • on one half of dough, spread some tomato sauce.
  • Top with bacon, mozzarella, and pineapple. I kind of mixed those together then with a spoon.
  • Fold the empty side on top of the mixture. pinch the ends together. 
  • Baste the top of the calzone with some olive oil, parsley and parmesan (or wait towards end to add parmesan)
  • put on a heated pizza stone. add 1 cup of boiling water to boil pan.
  • Bake for about 25-30 mins at 450 or until top is golden brown.

 just out of the oven!

I was worried about all the stuff that might go wrong with the crust, but it was perfect--not too thin and crunchy on the outside! 


No comments:

Post a Comment